Friday, June 13, 2014

IIT Jodhpur

IIT Jodhpur was the first institute I applied for after GATE result. On 27th March GATE result was declared and 31st March was the last date for application. I think many of the people missed the application because of so less time between the exam and the application.

Selection Criterion
IIT Jodhpur shortlisted applicants based on their GATE score and there was an interview for the shortlisted candidates. List of selected candidates was put up on the institute website and candidates were also intimated about selection for interview round by mail.

About Course
The course I applied for at IIT Jodhpur was Information and Communication Technologies. Here is a link to the curriculum of the course http://www.iitj.ac.in/ict/nmtech_curriculum.php

Travel
I traveled to Jodhpur by train and stayed there at one of my relative's house.

The Institute

The institute was situated in beautiful city of Jodhpur. The institute was easily accessible by road form the railway station. IIT Jodhpur didn't have their own campus at the time I was called for interview. The classes were being held in temporary campus. The campus ad infrastructure was not very good. There were only 2 buildings allotted to the IIT. The hostel was also not permanent. It was around 15 Km away from the campus. There was a campus bus which would take bus to and from the hostel. So with respect to infrastructure and facilities, institute didn't look good.

The Interview
The interview was scheduled to be conducted on 2 days 12-13 April 2014 but they winded it up on 12th itself. On 12th I reached IIT Jodhpur for the interview. The interview started late and went on till evening. My turn came at around 6:15 pm.

The interview panel comprised 5-6 people, may be professors of the institute. They asked me to introduce myself. Then they asked me my favorite subject to which i responded with data structures and  algorithms. Now they asked me questions from that subject only. They asked me about recursion, dynamic programing, example of dynamic programming, how dynamic programming is used in this problem etc. They also asked me about my B.Tech project and asked me to explain it.  The interview went on for around 10 minutes.

My interview went nicely and I was confident that I would be selected.

Selection 
After about a month, the results of interview were announced and I was selected for admission in the institute. I was happy that I was selected and my name was the first on the list. I was asked to submit the fee by 31st May 2014. I was sure that I would get a better institute than IIT Jodhpur so I didn't submit the admission fee.

My Trip

I enjoyed my trip to Jodhpur. I knew in advance that I would not take in the institute and I went there only to gain some interview experience that would be helpful for the interviews that were lined up in the next month. I visited beautiful Mehranghar fort and Umaid Bhawan Palace on the next day.

Interview call letter

No comments:

Post a Comment